SS: Steak Sandwich!
It's midterm season for me, which means two things: no time for sleep and no time for proper meal prep. Luckily, mother darling always saves the day! She made a steak dinner the day before with tons leftover for my shenanigans the next day :)
Onto the recipe!
Recipe will make 2 sandwiches.
The stuff you'll need:
- 1 tbsp unsalted or salted butter
- 4 slices of bread (of your choice!)
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Mustard
- 1/2 pound well-marbled steak (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (you may used sliced if you'd like!)
- 1/2 cucumber thinly sliced
- Chips or any other side that you like!
- Slice the steak into approximately 1/2 inch pieces.
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl and set aside.
- Spread the mustard on one side of the bread and the mayonnaise on another.
- Sprinkle with cheese (or places sliced cheese) on one side of the bread.
- Place sliced cucumbers followed by the sliced steak.
- Place other side of bread on top.
- Lightly brush with the melted butter on both sides of the sandwich and place in a sandwich maker.
If you don't have a sandwich maker, you can always use the good ol' fashion method of a skillet or simply a non-stick pan. This will require some effort, but a spatula and some muscle power should do the trick. If you decide to choose this method then set your stove to low heat. Sandwich bread burns quicker than paper so please be cautious!
Once your sandwich is ready, pop it onto a plate with some chips or any side that you'd like! Take a photo and tag me (@heyhajira) in your recreation!
For my vegetarians or vegans, you can substitute the steak with either sautéed eggplant seasoned with your favorite spices or any other vegetable/soy like fritter!
Enjoy and have a wonderful week!